Thursday

Darren Hayes came out & married


Our former Savage Garden member, Darren Hayes, who has been avoid talking about his sexuality and personal life, finally came out of a long term closet with an announcement on his official website on this Monday. He has married his boyfriend of two years, Richard Cullen, in a Civil Partnership ceremony in London on June 19th 2006. A Brisbane singer said it was the happiest day of his life.

"I feel lucky to live in an era where my relationship can be considered legally legitimate and I commend the UK Government for embracing this very basic Civil Liberty."
"I'm proud of who I am, and after what felt like an eternity, I'm finally in a place where my heart is secure and content. And I can finally make sense of all of the searching."
"I still maintain the belief that families and relationships are not commodities to be sold off for public consumption. In this regard, I am and will continue to be a public person with a private life."

Early this month, Darren just performed his exclusive Australian engagement show at Concert Hall, Sydney Opera house "A Big Night In With Darren Hayes".


It's great that he eventually came out to public even though we all have known for years that he is truely madly deeply surely GAY.

No comments: