Tuesday

Anthony Callea :: I'm GAY!

After being in denial, finally the Australian Idol star Anthony Callea has come out and said yesterday he has reached a point in his life where he is comfortable enough with himself to reveal his sexuality. "Yes, I am gay, I have no issue with my sexuality now, but it's taken time to become confident with who I am and happy with who I am."


Earlier this month, Edge 96.One FM traffic reporter Vic Lorusso accidently outed him on the station's breakfast show. "I wouldn't say this was forced, but the timing was weird. Two weeks before that I was talking about doing this. When that happened and I thought OK, maybe it's telling me something."

He admitted growing up as a gay Italian teenager was difficult.
"I went through a stage of major depression. I hated myself. I went through a stage where I didn't want to be me. I didn't understand why I had to be this way. It would have been much easier not to be gay, I could have done what was expected of me and got married and had kids. But that's not reality any more. We don't live in the 1950s. But getting through that makes you a stronger person, it allows me to do what I'm doing now."
"I want to be known as a singer and as a performer, this shouldn't change anything," he said. [Source]

No one is surprised and we've known since the first day he was on Australian Idol. He should have been outed for a long time...

No comments: