Wednesday

Actor Tim Campbell Comes Out

Another Aussie star has come out - the former Home and Away actor and Dancing with the Stars contestant exclusively told The Advertiser about his sexuality, following rumours he was dating Anthony Callea. Tim said both he and Anthony have each broken up with their partners and for now, are just friends.
Tim and Anthony became friends after performing together in the musical Rent. It's just one string in the multi-talented actor's bow - he is now in rehearsals to play Johnny O'Keefe in the musical Shout, he has hosted National Bingo Night, and following a successful stint on Dancing with the Stars, is a hot tip to replace Daryl Somers as its host next year.
But more than anything, Tim is hopeful his sexuality won't overshadow his work.
"There's nothing in the way of being ashamed about this (but) the label thing worries me a bit because I don't want my work to be affected," he says. "If every time I'm written about now it's as 'the gay actor' it would bore the hell out of me. "Coming out at 20 changed me a bit, but at 32, I'm pretty comfortable with who I am and what I'm doing." [Source]

1 comment:

Alfred said...

He was quite good on "Dancing with the Stars". A tad too pale I'd say.